Today I’m sharing a card I made using a mini layering die set from Altenew called Mini Flower Clusters. I think layering dies are wonderful for both beginners and advanced card makers because you can get great dimension and a wide variety of looks from just using different colors of card stock or by ink blending the die cut pieces like I did for this card.
Create your flower clusters:
1. Die cut all the layering pieces for the flower clusters out of white card stock, keeping the different layers separate. I used two full sets of clusters for this card, so I die cut all the pieces twice.
2. Use a sponge dauber or blending brush to add colors to the different layers of the flowers and leaves.
3. Assemble the layers according to the instructions on the layering guide that is provided with the die set.
4. Create your flower arrangement the way you want it and hold it in place by using Press-n-Seal. You may want to use liquid glue to adhere the leaves to the clusters and to adhere the clusters to each other. Set it aside.
Create the background:
5. Cut a piece of wood grain cardstock to cover the top ¾ of your card front and adhere it in place.
6. Place your flower arrangement over the “seam” between the wood grain cardstock and the bottom portion of your card (hiding the seam). Make sure that the full seam is covered by your arrangement. If not, make any necessary changes. Once you have it the way you want it, add foam adhesive to the back of the arrangement and secure it to your card front.
Create your sentiment:
7. Stamp your sentiment in black on a piece of white card stock.
8. Die cut your sentiment using the sentiment die.
Finish assembling your card:
9. Adhere your sentiment to your card front using liquid glue or foam tape, whichever you prefer.
10. Add a few gems for a bit of sparkle!
I’m so happy with how this card turned out! I love the depth and dimension from the ink blending the different layers of the dies. Have you tried using layering dies? If not, this set is super easy to align and produces such gorgeous results! I’m sure you’ll love it if you try it.
I hope you have a wonderful day and thank you for visiting!
All the best,
Thank you so much, Andreja!