Today I’m sharing a card I made for a good friend’s birthday. He’s an avid camper, so when I saw this set with the little camping dragons, I thought it would be perfect. Of course, I ordered it later than I should have, and by the time I was able to make the card, it was too late to send it for an on-time arrival.
This is sort of a common thing with me… I need to find the right stamp set for the right card for the right person… timing be damned. But, I hope you’ll agree that this card turned out pretty cool. Some things are meant to be. 😊
Make the front panel:
1. Die cut a piece of Copic Xpress It card stock using the Wonky Stitched Rectangle die.
2. Stamp the dragon in the lower right corner of the die cut panel using Copic marker friendly ink. I used Gina K Designs Obsidian Amalgam ink.
3. Color your image using Copic markers.
4. Die cut the “Ugh!” out of black cardstock and the shadow out of white cardstock.
5. Use liquid glue to adhere the “Ugh” to the shadow.
6. Stamp your sentiment on a strip of white cardstock using black ink.
7. Arrange and adhere a the “Ugh!” and sentiments above your colored dragon on the panel. I used foam tape to pop the words up and give the card added dimension.
Stamp the inside of the card:
8. Open your card base and stamp your inside sentiment.
Complete the assembly:
9. Adhere your panel to the card base using foam tape.
What do you think? Better late than never?
All the best,